hard drive failure...precious files...gone :(

Kage

Golden Master
hi :(

You won't believe whats happened... my hard drive has failed, finds it (just about) when booting, but then says "drive fail, insert system disc and press enter". My family use a caddy system you see and i thought it was this, since if it's not in properly it does come up with this message. but all other drives work fine, just mine... tested loads of times, even opened it n used a diffferent ide connector :(

I have no idea what to do... i can't even get files off if i use the drive as slave... i have so much important data, i have backed up some, but not enough :( Plus i was hoping to get an MP3 player for christmas but i might as well kiss that goodbye, since all my mp3's are on that drive :(

This is a warning to you people who don't frequently back up...
Plus any help how i could fix it?

aarrggghhhhhhh! I'm so annoyed!!! Right near christmas too, (thats three things that have gone bust now in the past month, what else?)

:( Kage

Ok, you could try to enable the floppy drive in Bios as a boot option, also Could be the OS is corrupt, or the drive itself is bad.

But before you do that make shure all the connections on your HHD/floppy/and cd drive are correct & snug.

Most people who get this error message is b/c the connection to the IDE cable was incorrect.

Also check to make shure the partition on the hhd is set to active:
You can follow the info Here.

Back
Top Bottom