Hard drive failer

soldierslim

Beta member
Sup my IT ppl,

Now I have a hard drive that failed, or seems to have failed. It has about 80gigs of music (about 22,500 songs) that I am NOT willing to lose.

This is the error.

E:\ is not accessible

The wrong diskette is in the drive.
Insert (Volume Serial Number: ) into drive E:\.

I have used PC Inspector File Recovery. I only got 5 gigs and only 1:02 parts of songs.

Does any one know of anywhere that can fix this, or has had any experience with this?

Every riddim from 90s 0-9, A-Z, every reggae gold, every strictly the best. Some RARE stuff, some stuff that make ya say "RAAA I REMEMBER DA SONG WHEN I WA IN PRIMARY SCHOOL"

Help plz? :)

Is this HDD your primary hard disk or just a secondary one?

You could try putting it in another PC to see if it could read it. You could also try booting from a live OS (an OS that fits on a CD...like damn small linux) or even get the ultimate boot cd (google that) and backup your files.

If all else fails, try putting the HDD in your freezer over night or longer. A lot of people think this is a myth but it does work sometimes. If the problem is with certain parts inside the HDD the freezing actually can help. It only gives you about half hour of working time though until it "thaws"

Is this HDD your primary hard disk or just a secondary one?

You could try putting it in another PC to see if it could read it. You could also try booting from a live OS (an OS that fits on a CD...like damn small linux) or even get the ultimate boot cd (google that) and backup your files.

If all else fails, try putting the HDD in your freezer over night or longer. A lot of people think this is a myth but it does work sometimes. If the problem is with certain parts inside the HDD the freezing actually can help. It only gives you about half hour of working time though until it "thaws"
Make sure, that if you opt for the freeze method that you seal it in a bag. Water is not good!

try putting the HDD in your freezer

Que? It might be dangerous fro the hard drive being turned on after freezing... It may be unreversibly damaged, even putting it into the PC at once after you walked with it in the street at cold weather is nnot recommended...

Back
Top Bottom