Hard drive causing windows not to boot

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Just diagnosed my PC and found the problem to be one of the hard drives on a sata port.

The pc would not boot into windows, repair, start in safe mode and wouldn't even run hyrans cd.

Through the method of elimination i removed one of my Sata drives and the computer booted.

I changed the sata cable and alternated the ports on the motherboard and it still causes the PC to play up.

Has anyone got any ideas where to go next to get it working again ?

Its looking like i will need a new drive. I think the drive is still operational but for some weird reason it is stalling the PC.

Wait.. so you have more than one hard drive obviously. You have one with your OS and multiple for data? When you remove one of the data drives your OS boots? Is that the issue?

If I were you I would run diagnostics on at least your OS drive and the drive you removed and see what comes up. Run the vendor specific test.

Yes you are correct. My main os is on a ssd and works fine with the bad drive removed.

I have 3 hard drives and 1 ssd.

One of the hdd is playing up and when connected is causing the system to be unstable ? sounds strange i know but its true.

When i remove the hdd the system is instantly working fine.

Its not the data cable so it must be the hdd at fault.

I have ran a diagnostic on the ssd and all is well.

Ok, after leaving it for some time to settle i have now plugged the third hdd back in and the system is booting. Very strange, lets hope it holds up, meanwhile i will run a test on it.

Back
Top Bottom