Hard drive advice

andy1027

In Runtime
Hi guys

Any advice on a good enough 7200RPM affordable 500GB HDD? For a desktop running the specs shown below in the signature?

It would be to replace my horrific Samsung HD103SJ.

The bootup is so so slow. Yet with my parents PC their seagate is faster. And their CPU and other hardware including graphics is a stepdown from mine. So I assume its my Samsung HD103SJ that needs changed. Cause its just crap.

I guess SeaGate are the best and most reliable brand?

i was looking at 4 of the samsung hard dives for data and backing up for my new build.

if it was me and your hard drive is still working fine id buy a sata 3 SSD for your os and all your programs you may only need a 60GB one and keep you 500gb samsung hard drive for storing data such as document pics and that.

if u have a sata 3 on your mobo, a sata 3 SSD with your OS on your start up will be so much faster, programs if saved on there will load alot quicker as well.

I would say maybe it was the OS that was having problem,maybe you should try to re-install the OS,but if it repeat the same thing then you can decide to replace the hard disk.
Coz possibly some windows file might have got missing or corrupt and need new installation.

Back
Top Bottom