hard drive ?

pies

Baseband Member
I got a new motherboard its an asus mn2n deluxe sli motherboard an pny 7300gt card 1 gig ram and a serial ata hard drive when i turn the computer on it boots up fine the one beep everything on the screen when I hit del to enter setup it says entering setup and stays like that the hard drive has windows on it I think I have to reformat it could it be anything else though?

thanks in advance

If you have just got a new setup and you were using the hard drive before with Windows XP, its thinking your machine is different and won't let you boot up.

You will have to reformat to get it to work I'm afraid :(

There should be a way to back up your data if you need to though.

I thought that but I just wanted to check if anything else might be wrong thanks alot just asking is there any way to format the drive from that computer I know how to do it from another and from the xp disk but is there any other way

well i reformated the hard drive but when the board posts it says press delet for setup i press it and it says entering setup and just stays on that screen its an asus m2n deluxe sli mobo

Lhuser he said it was a SATA drive. That ide/ata trick doesn't work with sata. Different set of chips and drivers.
Pies,
Humor me. Check the cmos clear jumper. Make sure it's in the "run" position. Not the "clear" position.
If that's not what it is then shut down the system, disconnect the power and data cable for the sata drive and try booting up again.

pies said:
well i reformated the hard drive but when the board posts it says press delet for setup i press it and it says entering setup and just stays on that screen its an asus m2n deluxe sli mobo

What colour screen are you getting? Is it blue? The reason im asking is because alot of computers enter the BIOS by using the delete key. So if you are entering the BIOS, it will just sit there like you stated. If your pc is formatted, then ya need to boot from your XP CD, there should be an option to "press any key to boot from CD" at some point, press a key then, and it will go through the setup process with you.

setishock said:
Lhuser he said it was a SATA drive. That ide/ata trick doesn't work with sata. Different set of chips and drivers.
Pies,
Humor me. Check the cmos clear jumper. Make sure it's in the "run" position. Not the "clear" position.
If that's not what it is then shut down the system, disconnect the power and data cable for the sata drive and try booting up again.
Then, he could try the forced install of the recent board's RAID drivers. I haven't actually tried this experiment, but it actually may work.

Back
Top Bottom