Hard Dive Transfer-PLEASE help

mulletman1004

Solid State Member
hi

I just bought a new 250 gig WD hard drive and I want to make it my primary boot disk. I've tried using maxblast and XXclone to do this, but there is always SOMETHING wrong. If you could send me a link to some freeware or an article that would be fantastic.

thank you,
mulletman1004

Well your saying theres always something wrong, you wanna share that with us, we might be to sort it.:)

well . . .
i used XXclone and it successfully changed the D: drive to C: but when i would try to boot it would get hung up at the start up screen, with maxblast it just wouldnt boot.
so i guess my question is how do i make a drive "bootable"

You can change primary boot device ini your BIOS.

Or at least you can in mine :<

You have to make sure your OS is on that drive and not the other one, too. If you have maxblast you should be able to do a drive-to-drive copy of your old drive to your new one.

i dont think my bios suppourts that, and i dont know if the maxblast you can download supports the drive to drive thing.

I dont know of any freeware but you could try NORTON GHOST or ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE.

I agree with above.............Acronis is better as it works with Vista also. Norton Ghost doesn't support Vista.

These products work great the first time with no screwing around.

I agree with above.............Acronis is better as it works with Vista also. Norton Ghost doesn't support Vista.

These products work great the first time with no screwing around.

Why do you need it with vista I thought it had its own image back up program built in

Well, if I remember, transfering OSes is hard, as I heard. Try installing a fresh copy, and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom