Hard Disk Failure

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, I was upgrading a pc and I booted it up fine with the hard drive working. I noticed that there was a 1 to 2 molex pin power connector that my hard drive no longer needed. I powered done the pc, took the connector out of the hard drive and tried to put the molex connector from the PSU into it. I had it round the wrong way, but hard drives dont let you put it in the wrong way, so it didn't go in. BUT the molex pins made contact with the hard drives metal pins and then a spark flashed near what looks like a tidley inducer on the PCB board. The hard drive doesn't work anymore :(

All because of that stupid little 2 to 1 molex connector. My poor DiamondMax Plus 9 80gb

Is there anyway to get the hard drive working. I dont want to bother buying a new PCB board, ill just have to save some money to buy a new hd if it comes to that

:(

Thanks

Unfortunately, it sounds like you fried a circuit on the PCB board. The only way to "fix" that would be to replace it with an identical board from the same model drive.

Back
Top Bottom