Half life 2 and Source?

jack22

Fully Optimized
Ok. I wanted CS:S but it doesn't look like i can get it alone. Do i have to buy it with half life2? Do i need the other CS to run source? Is there any difference if i download it? What is this steam i here of? Thanks.

Steam... annoying app

Steam is the Client required to run almost all valve software, its an annoying little thing that sits in you system tray telling you to update you gamefiles and whatnot. It also is needed to launch all of your vavle software games, theres no way around it that I know of, I wish you didnt need steam to play valve games, but you do. and I think for now if you want CS:S your gonna have to get HL2 its a good game and everyone should have it anyway... But if your really that opposed to it then wait a few month's and they may do the same thing the did with CS: condition zero, and sell it as a seperate game. i dont know if you want to wait that long, or if they will do that at all, just guesses...

Thanks? But is there any advatage of acctualy buying it rather then downloading it?

if you buy the gold edition one, you get a stratagey guide, and a mappish thing and the special edition boxes. but other than actually having a physical CD(s) theres not that much advantage, just make sure if you download to back it up onto a cd:)

well for 10 bucks more u can get like all the old half-lives and cs's from steam if u want. Technically there shuouldnt be an advantage to buy them at a store because steam aloos you to make backup files, but the installation after downloading from steam is more frustrating. I had problems and i went to the steam forums and everyone said that i shouldve jus brought it in a store but it works fine now and i get like 10 older games which r still good.

cs source sucks the only good thing about it are the graphics but the gameplay is terrible. Just play cs 1.6 graphics arent great but the gameplay is so much better.

It is downloading source right now. It says 118 minutes. Why so longggggg

LOL THANKS TO ME!!!! ;) But, my SiX Steam won't work anymore...:( VALVe probably banned my account or something...:mad: DAMN VALVe! DAMN THEM TO HELL!!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom