Half-Life 2 not working....

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
I haven't played it for like a month, and today when I was going to start playing again, it wouldn't get past the menu screen. It will load up fine like past the guy with the valve in his eye and stuff, but then when it gets to the loading part of the menu for whatever level your on, it just keeps loading forever and when I do ctrl+alt+delete, it says it's not responding. I tried rebooting, retsarting steam, pretty much everything. Anyone know the problem? Thanks. Oh and BTW, I doubt it has to do with steam itself because I can still play Source.

Hmm... never heard of that problem, though i've hreard of problems of some people on the first time playing waiting about 30 mins or so before it'd let you select options... and heard that one went to sleep, and woke up and the title screen had appeared.

Just keep it on for a while, it might be busy doing something which is why your getting the "not responding". The second time booting, this should have gone, and make sure settigns are set to default the first time playing

*KaGe*

I guess I'll try it, what have I got to lose? It's just weird cuz I've played it a bunch before, and even got up to Nova Prospekt, but I stopped playing for like a few weeks and then I play again and for some reason it just doesn't load up all the way.

LOL I used SiX Steam, and when VALVe locked my account I was so pissed. I was at Anticitizen-One, near the end of the game. It was so FUN! I love luring Combine and waiting around a corner with a Shotgun so that when they came around, I would blast them right in the head (or chest) and they would go flying back....I miss my Half-Life 2....thanks to damn VALVe...:mad:

Yeah try it, though if you have'nt re-installed the game, I don't know what could be up...

If that doesn't work though, I'm sure you could try re-installing the game, but make sure that the save games are saved or you'll be a bit sorry hehe...
In a way, I'd of expected your account on the internet to hold them but this isn't the case. I think theres a save folder somewhere in the Valve\Steam applications\*your account name*\saves or something. Get these, and then do a clean install of it.

Make sure after re-installing though you press "place a key I have had before" or somewhere along those lines...

You prbably know all this but I'm just making sure. I know what it feels like to lose all your saved files and stuff... stupid computers....

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom