Half life 2: Episode 1

Kage said:
Wow, its out now?!

Is anything improved? Or is it basically the same engine?
Wouldn't be bad if it was, I'm just saying :p

Will you be able to buy this one from the shops as an add on pack? Or is it a standalone game?

Episode 1 supports HDR, im hoping there will be higher resolution texures too.
It comes out june 1, and i think its supposed to be 1/3 the length oh half life 2, hence the 20$ price.

It is a bit strange though, they've made it run standalone (good for some people), but it would mean increased file size surely? Than to just make an add on pack with all the models being used from Half Life 2?

Generally when you install one source game (such as say.. cs source and not hl2) it downloads a few GCF files known as source sounds, models, etc... so if you downloaded episode one but not hl2, i'm sure you'd have a pertty big download, whereas if you downloaded hl2 afterwards, it would be a much smaller download. Valve doesn't just have the same crap copied all over the place. However, you could end up with some half-life2 content even if it's not installed, just by having say.. cs source installed. *shrugs*.

Yeah :p

It should be good anyway, though I won't be able to get it straight away.

I wonder, since it appeared on Xbox as well, what they'll do to these new ones? Wait until they all come out and then release it all as one on the 360 or something? Makes sense I guess.

Back
Top Bottom