Half-Life 2:DM/CS:S trouble.

Chimaera1

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys,
Recently I installed ZoneAlarm Firewall and now when ever I click the find server buttons on either CS:S or Deathmatch it freezes my computer and I can't do anything. I think it's ZoneAlarm giving me the message that "so-so is asking for access to the internet allow/block" how do I stop this?

go into the zone alarm settings, there should be something about programs that you can allow to access the network, and add HL2 CS:S into the allow programs part.

You allow it. When the pop up happpens tell it to remember the setting. But also do this. Click on it > program control > hl2.exe > click. And make it allows all of it.

Well that popup only happens when a program wants controle. But I do have to say Zonealarm sucks. It slows down internetspeed. Im not sure why i still have it. :(

Oh well. Its gonna go soon!

What's a better alternative? I'm only using it because it's the only one I know of that's free. :D

zone alarm is actually a pretty good free firewall. That and avg makes a good combo. Just go to programs and allow everything for cs:s and hl2:dm and you shouldn't have a problem.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well that popup only happens when a program wants controle. But I do have to say Zonealarm sucks. It slows down internetspeed. Im not sure why i still have it. :(

Oh well. Its gonna go soon!

It doesn't slow my connection down. Do you have it on high settings? Cos I have mine on medium and I've never gotten a virus

Back
Top Bottom