Half Life 2/CS:S

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking of upgrading from CS 1.6 to CS:S and i was wondering if CS:S has any special servers, like warcraft 3 servers ect...

1.6 to CS: S

Just wondering, is your computer capable of playing it? Not trying to make fun of you, just asking becasue that game takes a lot of power.

Ya it can(at least it can support Half Life 2 lol),and even if it can't i'm planning to upgrade in the next month

Is there much/any diference in what it takes to run CS:S compared to Half Life 2?

i could play it with a 2.7ghz celeron and a 9800 pro with a 512mb pc 2700 stick of ram. the cheapest solution that you can do is (and that still leaves plenty of room for powerful games) is do what i did.

AMD Athlon64 3000+
MSI NX6600GT pci-ex
MSI Neo 4 Platinum SLI mobo
and make sure you have a 500w power supply so you can handle dual 6600gt's and your set. i get 7682 in 3dmark03 and the pc2700 ram is slowing it down. also youll get over 100fps on CSS with high settings. or are you going to upgrade your computer you have right there? what are you thining of upgrading

i'm going to upgrade this one (i just bought it 2 months ago). i'm going to upgrade my ram(already have 512) and i'm going to buy a graphic card.

Back
Top Bottom