Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #21
BSOD
 
DarkBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,355
Send a message via MSN to DarkBlade
Default Re: Half-Life 2 Cpu Scaling

Indeed. AThlon64s pwn Intel in almost 90% of all tests, and the other 10% are HT orientated, so it isn't fair for the AMD64's!
__________________

DarkBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Half-Life 2 Cpu Scaling

but then again the 64 bit processor isnt fair to the 32 bit intel is it?
__________________

__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #23
Daemon Poster
 
The_Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,209
Send a message via MSN to The_Necromancer
Default Re: Half-Life 2 Cpu Scaling

well, even the 64-bit server intel has gets pwned but the opteron.
__________________
For You
The_Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #24
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Not really Have you actually come up with any Benchmarks to compare to my List of the Top FiveServer configurations (as of today practically - Itanium2 with 2, IBM with 2 and Nec with 1 - Itanium2 coming second - Opteron not even appearing); or my ratings of Itanium2 1Ghz with a Throughput of 707,000 and a Price Performance score of just over $9tpmC?
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Half-Life 2 Cpu Scaling

LOL i can see LK is a loyal Intel fan...meh i dont realyl care what i have as long as it does what I need, and right now this stupid POS 2.7ghz celeron isnt playing games like i want it to...although plays counter strike: source pretty good
__________________

__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0