Half-life 2

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok i need to know which one you guys think it is, i jsut got my 9800 128mb pro (it will play on high settings) but sometimes on high it just lags to crap, and then today it was doingt hat so i put them on low and it was still lagging...i had to completely restart my computer and then it was still kinda laggy after that... my CPU is a 2.7ghz intel celeron and my ram is 512mb pc2700 333mhz, im wondering which one i should upgrade first, i've pretty much got it narrowed down to these 2 factors. oh yea and NO im not gettings amd yet so no posts about how i should just get amd because it amazingly better.

That's wierd. My laptop has a 9600 128mb pro, a 1.8 intel celron, and 512 RAM, but I run counterstrike flawlessly. (It uses same engine as HL2, so it's pretty much the same). Anyways, it's not your graphics card, so either get a better CPU, or an extra 512 mb.

wat socket does ur motherboard suppport?

You should upgrade your cpu first. Then you should go and get another stick of ram.
See if your mobo supports up to a 2.8 ghz PEntium 4. This will take away that bottleneck.

In your setting there will be a little * next to one setting on each option. That means it is the best configuration for you computer. Make sure you have it on those settings. And put your resolution to the settings it was when it started up. Valve has done their homework and has done the best job by anyone for their auto detect settings. Keep them their it will perfom the best.

yea, unlike doom 3's f***ing auto detect.

It detects for me that Best is 800x 600
0x aa 0x af low quality with no vsync.

Uh, ok.....
no.

Nice name *glares*

Anyways, I saw the name, and was confused, "I didn't post about HL2 did I...?" so I checked it out.

I have no way to help you, nooooo idea.

check it out another money man!, anyways my motherboard supports up to 3.2ghz intel processor. the chipset is 478

ok new problem, i was just playing hl2 and i tried to change all the settings to the ones with a * beside them, i also changed the screen resolution. The computer started doing something when i clicked apply but then nothing happened, i heard a few dings like a window was popping up in the background but nothing showed and i had to restart my computer. When i finally got all the settings on the * it still lagged, (by lag i mean i would shot and then like a slowed down shot would happen). When i play i also have nothing open (bearshare, msn messenger, etc.) the only thing on is the game and yet tits still lagging.

Back
Top Bottom