GTX260 woes

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
So I just built my brother's computer. EVGA x58 mobo, EVGA GTX 260 superclocked gfx. I finally got it to post after forgetting to connect the 8 pin to the mobo. (spent about an hour on that :p) And then the the screen turns on to show artifact type deals. Nothing on screen is legible, but it is there. I have tried the card on another slot on the mobo and in my system. It does the artifact type deals on it all. When it was in my system, I loaded Windows 7 and you could see more what was on screen with green lines all across it. I tried with multiple monitors, multiple DVI cords. All did the same thing. I also tried my 8800GT in my brother's system just to make sure. Screen looks fine and normal. So it's obviously the card. Any way to fix it? Or does it need to be RMA'ed? I did Google searches on it with no general luck. I can get a pic if needed of what it looks like on screen.

Thanks.

Figured, bummer. I'll let a few more chime in to be sure. Thanks. Looks like my brother still gets to use his old 7600GT on this system for awhile until the replacement comes in. :p

Specs
Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
EVGA E758-TR X58 mobo
EVGA GTX 260 869MB
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600... Read More
2x Western Digital 250GB 7200rpm 16MBcache
LG Blu-Ray player
Corsair 750W PSU
Zalman 9500A HSF
Antec Twelve Hundred Case

Had the same issue with my 9600GT. Horizontal green lines like a highlighter. I just RMA's the card and all was well.

Back
Top Bottom