Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
 
Hameister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 887
Default GTX 780 With An Entirly New Core?

Rumor now has it, that the GTX 780, will not be using the much anticipated GK-110 GPU.

In fact, many reliable sources now speculate on an entirely new core.

For those of us who follow the evolution of graphics cards, this is a major development!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Will Use a Completely New GPU, Not GK110 - Softpedia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Desktop_2012_10_01_09_01_51_701.jpg (76.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________

__________________
HAF 932 Advanced / Corsair AX1200 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / i7-3930K / H100 Cooling 4x120mm
16GB Corsair DDR3 / GTX 580x2 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX / SSDs Mushkin 240GB, Crucial 256GB, Crucial 512GB
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
rio
Baseband Member
 
rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 56
Default Re: GTX 780 With An Entirly New Core?

So when are we expecting the 700 series to come out?
It would then be a nice upgrade from my gts 450.
__________________

rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
 
Hameister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 887
Default Re: GTX 780 With An Entirly New Core?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
So when are we expecting the 700 series to come out?
It would then be a nice upgrade from my gts 450.

I don't know. First it was the end of Q4 '12, now I'm hearing late Q1, early Q2, 2013. It's all speculation.

My 580s are still running very strong, in totally stock configuration, but they will start showing their age when Crysis 3 is released, so I'm looking forward to the 780 as well.
__________________
HAF 932 Advanced / Corsair AX1200 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / i7-3930K / H100 Cooling 4x120mm
16GB Corsair DDR3 / GTX 580x2 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX / SSDs Mushkin 240GB, Crucial 256GB, Crucial 512GB
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Baseband Member
 
Bad_Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 38
Default Re: GTX 780 With An Entirly New Core?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
I don't know. First it was the end of Q4 '12, now I'm hearing late Q1, early Q2, 2013. It's all speculation.

My 580s are still running very strong, in totally stock configuration, but they will start showing their age when Crysis 3 is released, so I'm looking forward to the 780 as well.
I think I'll probably delay jumping onto the the 7 series for as long as possible, of course as long as my twin POV 560Ti Ultracharged puppies will be still providing decent enough framerates at full HD resolution with upcoming games of the next couple of years.
Bad_Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Daemon Poster
 
Hameister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 887
Default Re: GTX 780 With An Entirly New Core?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Machine View Post
I think I'll probably delay jumping onto the the 7 series for as long as possible, of course as long as my twin POV 560Ti Ultracharged puppies will be still providing decent enough framerates at full HD resolution with upcoming games of the next couple of years.

I hear ya, but I think games like Crysis 3 will spell the end for those cards. In fact, I don't even know if I'll be able to run C3 full bore, with my 580s, without increasing the voltages, and overclocking the cores and memory.

Anything less than 45 fps, is my line in the sand, and spells time for vid card replacement.
__________________
HAF 932 Advanced / Corsair AX1200 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / i7-3930K / H100 Cooling 4x120mm
16GB Corsair DDR3 / GTX 580x2 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX / SSDs Mushkin 240GB, Crucial 256GB, Crucial 512GB
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0