gtx 560 ti

eXpoNentiaL12

Baseband Member
What is better the GTX 560 ti 2GB or the GTX 560 ti 1GB EVGA superclocked? Will either of these cards play max settings on gameslike arma 2 operation arrowhead, bf3 , etc?

to eXpoNentiaL:
note that the 560ti 2gb is pre-overclocked.
you can overclock the non overclocked version to the same no problem.
so you should not choose that card for the only reason that it has a higher clock speed.
you should choose it because of the extra 1gb of VRAM.

to iWareShortz:
gtx 560ti is noticeable better then the 6850.

so what your saying is the 560 ti 2GB is better than the superclocked one? How do you overclock the GPU?

ohhh. i miss read something. i thought the superclocked was the 2gb. XD
sorry about that.

the 1gb vs the 2gb discussion depends on the game.
in most games you will get a slightly boost by having 2gb, in some games you get a noticeable boost.
if you are running with multiple monitors it's gonna be a huge difference.

by having a superclocked card you have a good overclock without you need to do anything.
but you can easily do that yourself, and even get a better overclock with not much hazel.

i will advice you to search "msi afterburner tutorial" on youtube to learn how to do it.
it's easy and fun.

edit:
i just found this benchmark.
here you can clearly see what i mean. higher resolution is required to make a difference.
you can see that 1680 x 1050 makes no difference, but 1920 x 1080 had a slightly boost.
multiple monitors make higher resolution. so you can imagen that 3840 x 1080 is gonna be a huge difference.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/11/08/gainward-geforce-gtx-560-ti-2048mb-phantom/6
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/11/08/gainward-geforce-gtx-560-ti-2048mb-phantom/5

Last edited:
Overclocking is simple, you get the EVGA Overclocking utility on. Their website, and you drag the bars. Then you stress test to make sure it's stable, if the cards are similarly priced, I would go for 2gb and overclock it myself, but if the 1 gb is cheaper by a lot, 100 bucks or so, I'll go with that one.

Back
Top Bottom