GT 720 for a 8+ year-old PC with 380W PSU?

Are you sure windows wont boot when the HDMI port is connected? Turn the speakers on and listen for the sound you hear when windows loads to the sign-on screen.

Well, what happens is that it takes a long for the PC to boot. So, after several minutes watching that my computer was so slow I understood that HDMI was not the solution for me. I just shut it down when It seemed to be frozen displaying the desktop wallpaper, but no icons nor menus. Futhermore, the image quality was much worse thant using VGA; colors appeared saturated and color gradients seemed to be poor, like using a low bit resolution color palette... something close to that. I had no idea the overall performance of the PC could be affected so much depending on the out signal port used in the graphics card...:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

The VGA resolution is limited so that's why it looked wonky. Once you get your digital hookup you'll have better resolution.

I hope so. Thanks!;)

Your screen may be looking for an analogue input, (though most should detect digital automatically too), if there's an input button or something on the monitor, that might work!

Or just try turning the PC off and on again a few times, what problems do you get when you're using HDMI?

Well, as I answered to C0RR0SIVETF, my PC is very slow when using HDMI out and seems to get frozen when loading the desktop, plus image quality is even worse. My monitor has VGA analog in (which I'm currently using) and only a couple of HDMI's. So no more chances to me... Thanks!

Ah...

You'll need to uninstall the old display drivers, use this third party tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.2

Then reinstall the latest display drivers for your new graphics card from the Nvidia website.

My best guess is that this will fix your issue.

Hey! It worked! I have run the DDU and it displayed two drivers (old and new). After properly unistalling both, I've installed the new one again and now the PC boots correctly. Regarding the image quality from the HDMI I have to say that the problem wasn't in the card, but in the monitor... my fault. After changing a few image settings specially for the HDMI now everything looks how it should. Perfect! Thanks! :)

Hey! It worked! I have run the DDU and it displayed two drivers (old and new). After properly unistalling both, I've installed the new one again and now the PC boots correctly. Regarding the image quality from the HDMI I have to say that the problem wasn't in the card, but in the monitor... my fault. After changing a few image settings specially for the HDMI now everything looks how it should. Perfect! Thanks! :)

Happy to hear this worked for you, old drivers can cause some funny issues sometimes!

Enjoy your new graphics card! :D If you need anything else just give us a shout.

Back
Top Bottom