GT 540M Not As Good As It Should Be?

AlphaS520

Beta member
I've looked at several videos on YouTube, gameplays of GT 540M, with i5 2410M if possible. I realized that some of the others have performed significantly better then my laptop, even though the specifications are the same. I've checked the newest driver, I've set all the games to NVIDIA only, and even have a laptop cooler. I downloaded MSi Burner, and because I cannot see any significant differences, I even overclocked my GPU to maximum, and still no significant differences.

On Battlefield Bad Company 2, I've set it to DirectX 9, lowest settings on everything, except high for shadows, lowest resolution. Then, my average FPS was about 30. If there's an explosion nearby or whatever, it drops immediately to 20 - 25.

Look at this video:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 540M - YouTube

Same specification as mine, my GPU is also 2 GB, and I have 8 RAM DDR3 1333MHz, not like the RAM matter as much. His resolution is highest, on my laptop anyway (1366x768 / 15 inch), and his texture as well as effect is set on high, and still his game run decently.

On Assassin's Creed Revelation, I set everything on lowest, except for the resolution, which is 1024 x 768, and shadow on 2. If you check certain videos on YouTube, they perform significantly higher.

Something is really fucking wrong with my laptop, if anyone can help, please do. The laptop is Asus X53S.

Back
Top Bottom