Which graphix = better?

I can see a huge diffents if im playing at 30 instead of 60+....makes it hard to aim..

lol thats cuz you havent played on a 100 fps computer... my hl2 goe sup to 190 fps ish.. there's a HUGEEEE difference.. i'm sorry but you're wrong allen.. if you play on a better v-card, you'll change your mind for sure

well 30FPS is really bad, but in single player u can play with it. And in multi player I want 60+. Then it's good enough.

And u are almost right, there is no big difference between 65FPS and 130FPS. But u will see which one is which. And let's just say that if u can't see the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS then ur eyes suck. Seriously.

money_man said:
why dont u get a fx5700 256mb...its a major improvement over the 5500.

yep. I have a fx5700 256mb, it was like the best deal I have ever made.
Payed like 120€ for it, like 1 year ago. I managed to run Doom3 with all settings on full, resolution at 1024x7**, with no lag at all. I don't even know how that is possible. I didn't check the FPS then, but I bet it was something like 25.

Also HL2 with full settings. Resolution 1024x7**. Again no lag, and the FPS were ok. I'd gues something like 40.

But now I am thinking about getting a new one since I can't run FEAR that well. Though I'll wait for the full version to come out since the FPS on the demo is weird, sometimes 110, sometimes 40. The settings are the same. Almost everything from the vid card settings on low or off, all of the stuff in the cpu&ram settings are on max, exept for 1 which is on medium.

"always said 60 but somehow LK convinced me of 55fps. anyhoo u were way off"

If this was true, then why when I switch to 60hz from 70hz, its all flickery and then I switch to 70, its perfectly fine and flicker free for my eyes...

Surely if you could only see 55FPS, the change from 70 to 60 wouldn't be noticable. Unless of course its the monitor itself thats making the flickers and your eyes just seeing it as it is...

We've had something like this though before, and we concluded that we saw 60FPS normally because thats the speed at which the body works at
(For instance, the heart beats at 60 at standard, and its also the frequency of the brain), though music for example can change the frequency of the brain slightly...

Does this mean that, depending on how we feel, depends on how much FPS we see in the eyes? :p

Back
Top Bottom