Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-06-2007, 04:02 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Graphics problem

Hey there im having a problem with my graphics. Sometimes im exploring on the internet my graphics start so crap put and my computer locks up. Sometime the screen just turns off for a second then boots back to life and then sometimes it turns off then you have to turn computer off at the wall. I think the graphics card is on it's way out.... The other thing it i thought there might not be enough power to run it. Ive got a 350w power supply running 3 hard drives (2 x sata and 1 ide) a cd drive, CPU fan, GPU fan, hdd cooler, fan at lower front and fan on my graphics card, is my 350w enough power to run all this i thought it would be. I have also taken the side off the case and but a fan blowing cold air on the graphics card just incase of overheating but it still screwed up. What should i do?

Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: Graphics problem

Well it depends on what type of Graphic's card your running. I'm having a similar problem myself. My MB has been giving me a beep code stating my video ram is bad. A few restarts it will work but after a bit it will just lock up.

Does your computer do any beeping? What type of computer is it custom or prebuilt? That will help people the most.

Also a 350watt psu isn't what it used to be. If your running any newer graphics card thats most likely the problem.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote