Graphics Driver

lucid15

Solid State Member
So i installed the latest NVIDIA driver on my computer and now when i try to turn it on, i just get a black screen, but it still boots up fine, ( i can hear the windows sound and all that normal bootup stuff). But there is just no display. What can i do to revert the drivers?

Best bet is to boot into safe mode and then install your previous graphics driver from there. Just keep hitting F8 while your computer's booting up, and you'll get to a screen where you can select and boot into safe mode.

If that doesnt work, and if you have an extra video card or an onboard graphics...swap it and windows will boot with a different video card into windows.

Best bet is to boot into safe mode and then install your previous graphics driver from there. Just keep hitting F8 while your computer's booting up, and you'll get to a screen where you can select and boot into safe mode.

he says his screen is black, and most people can't navigate through the F8 menu to actually get into safe mode just by memory alone...

he says his screen is black, and most people can't navigate through the F8 menu to actually get into safe mode just by memory alone...
I assumed (being a driver issue) that the screen wasn't black until he booted into windows. If it's black constantly, then that's no driver problem!

Back
Top Bottom