Graphics Cards For Laptops

Talis1

Beta member
Hey I was just wondering if it's possible to upgrade your graphics card on a laptop. I've heard they are soddered on and can't be replaced. I've got a Gateway, Intel Celeron 2.53 GHz, 512 DDR Ram, (Which I would upgrade to 1.256 Gigs of Ram if I can get a graphics card that would work) shared with an Intel Extreme Graphics(2) for Mobile Graphics Card at 32 megs. I've also heard of something called a stand alone graphics card, but I don't know much about it.

I'm looking for something at least equivalent to an ATI 8550. 128-256megs.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i had mine upgraded, but i was clueless as how to do it i brought it to one of those computer geeks and they supposedly swapped it out with one that was pulled from an alienware laptop. im not sure if hes bsing but thats what the guy said.

i think they have a new thing that plugs into your lap top coming out that alows u to have an external graphics card

i had mine upgraded, but i was clueless as how to do it i brought it to one of those computer geeks and they supposedly swapped it out with one that was pulled from an alienware laptop. im not sure if hes bsing but thats what the guy said.

yea thats cuz that laptops graphics card uses a special slot where it can be upgraded

Back
Top Bottom