Graphics cards

You get better performance from single card graphics than SLI or Crossfire. And from I can tell, two would cost at cheapest $450 or at most $1200 and for that kind of money you can get a really kickass new card. For that money you can get a GTX 580 (anywhere from 400-700 depending on the model). Totally worth getting a new one with directx 11 and opengl 4.1

EDIT I should say and meant to say that you get better performance per card if you use just one (unless you're running dual x16 rails, not all mobos do that). Even still, one kick ass new card (GTX 580) will outperform two older cards (280GTX). I found prices for some online and theyre at least 220 bucks for one. It's not worth buying two of those when for around the same cost you can get the gtx 580. That is a personal opinion based on what I've gathered as fact. I guess I need that disclaimer now a days because I get slaughtered when I'm wrong here

the thing is ive found two 280 gtx's for 100 each. so the budget would only be $200 for them. Still think I should get a single card?

Me, personally, would rather get a GTX 560 for 200, that's clocked faster and has more cores per card, then SLI two older cards. Depending on your mobo, I doubt that SLI will outperform the 560

Back
Top Bottom