Graphics card upgrade with new system

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
So my new system is consisting of this so far

AMD Phenom 9950BE X4
ASUS M3A78-T mobo
Gskill 4Gb ram (PC2 8500)

As far as the graphics goes im thinking about an HIS 4850, its like $200, which is around my limit, the system im coming from is using a 7600GT, and the graphics on that are pretty nice, but they are getting a little sluggish at times.

How much more of a boost would I see from the 4850? Do AMD chips work better with ATi cards? Lemmie know what you think

Current rig in sig

I think the 4850 would be a great choice, and yes I do see where ATI has worked better with AMD in my experiences.

Probably something in the 700-750W range will work, plus give you some "wiggle-room" for expansion. Most PSUs in that range have decent rails for even better performance.

You really wont need anything more than a quality 500 watt power supply for that system.

You will see a major improvement in performance with the HD 4850. You'll be able to play most any game at high settings with great FPS.

As for what chips work better with which video cards, it makes no difference in which motherboard/CPU combo your using with either ATI or Nvidia. They'll both perform equally well.

Back
Top Bottom