Graphics Card Upgrade

kadeharbert1

Beta member
Hi, I am a complete novice in this field so I could do with some help. I would like to start PC gaming so I downloaded the DayZ standalone thinking my pc was a good enough spec to run it. Despite this, when playing the rendering is very slow and the game is so slow I can barely move. I assume this is because I only have integrated graphics. If this is the cause then can you please recommend some GPUs that would be good enough to run games smoothly but not overly expensive.

My integrated graphics chip:
ATI Raedon 3000 Graphics

Thanks, Kade

Last edited:
Yeah sure:

Operating System: Windows 8 64-Bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co. , Ltd.
System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad Core Processor (4 CPUs) ~3.6GHz
RAM: 16384 MB
Optics: ATI Raedon 3000 Graphics

Please ask for any additional information needed.

Well dayz standalone is a cpu demanding game but no doubt that you need a better GPU but I would suggest looking to buying a better cpu in the future.

Supprised nobody mentiond this but a quad core is not 4 cpus you simply just have 4cores. It doesnt mean that you have 14.4ghz of cpu power it means that each core has 3.6ghz of power for each program it is running if that makes sense? But any ways it is most likely your GPU id reccomend an HD 6450 or better gpu also if possible it wouldnt hurt to overclock your cpu a little bit if possible

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom