Graphics Card Selection Assistance

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Hello there!

I am using a Dell Dimension 3600i (no longer in production, but I think a Dimension 3600 card would work) and I need a GFX Card. I looked at their site but couldn't find one for a Dimension. Here are my specs:

Dell 3600i
2.80 GHz processor
Two Hard Drives (450 GB in total HD space)
64 MB GFX Card (or 96.0)

I just want like a good graphics card around $150 (Preferably less!) for a Dell Dimension 3600 series, 3600i if you can. I can't find any, I need help! Please!? Thanks!

~NeciFiX

Holy mother, I can't find any info on that PC. I'll bet it's using an AGP video card in there or it's probably integrated with the motherboard.

Would you know what kind of graphics slot your PC use?

It is AGP, I am almost definite.

However, I highly doubt that the 3600i exists. I know of 4600, but not of the 3600i. There is no mention of it in either Dell's archives or the GoogleNet.

iwinitdoesexistno1.jpg

Yes, my system specs for the GFX Card state it's internal... does that mean it's in the motherboard or just in the PC?

Please help!

Thanks!

~NeciFiX

the motherboard in your computer has an available AGP slot for an add in video card. Unfortunately, it has only a 250W power supply which will limit your video card choices unless you are willing to spend a little more to upgrade it too.

How can I tell how many watts a video card has? I just want enough to run higher qual games at least smoothly. How much does THAT take to upgrade too?

ya thats a good choice for him
hill be able to run latest games coming out
(at lest in low settings depending on his cpu and ram)

I have ~2.8 GHz Processor Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading and 1 GB of ram... 450 GB hard drive space.

Back
Top Bottom