graphics card question

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
if the card says it requires 2x 6-pin power connectors... and it only comes with one, how do i get another one?

You mean your power supply only has one and the card requires 2. Or is it the other way around?

Many power supplies come with 6 pin PCIe plugs. The SLI and Crossfire certified PSU's usually have two or more.

but what do i do if theres only one??? am i screwed? should i double check my psu and check that it has 2+?

EDIT: it has 2 - 6-pin, exactly what i need =]

is the gtx 260 core216 like the best "budget" gpu... or is a 4870 better?

but what do i do if theres only one??? am i screwed? should i double check my psu and check that it has 2+?

EDIT: it has 2 - 6-pin, exactly what i need =]

is the gtx 260 core216 like the best "budget" gpu... or is a 4870 better?

Most all video cards come with a molex to 6pin adapter, you should be fine if you have a molex, if you don't have 2 6pin connectors, i worry that you have a really low end PSU or one that doesn't have enough power..

Most all video cards come with a molex to 6pin adapter, you should be fine if you have a molex, if you don't have 2 6pin connectors, i worry that you have a really low end PSU or one that doesn't have enough power..

in the edit, i checked... and it does have 2 6-pin connectors... it is crossfire/sli capable

Back
Top Bottom