Graphics card problems..

Geness

In Runtime
I seem to be having this mysterious problem with my graphics card all of a sudden. When I boot up my computer all the fans shoot up to max like usual but for what ever reason my graphics cards fans stays maxed and I'm getting no display from it either. I'm able to use the computer via onboard graphics.

Any ideas whats wrong? I took it out and reseated it but that didn't fix my problem. I used the computer not too long ago either which is odd.. I'm using a z87 sabertooth motherboard with a gtx 780 hall of fame..

I poped my old 460 into the pci slot to check it and the 460 boots fine so does that mean my 780 is possibly fried or something? ...dredful

Last edited:
It sounded like it shorted or fried after everything else checked out. It has its power socket and plugged in was it?

Last edited:
It sounded like it shorted or fried after everything else checked out. It has its power socket and plugged in was it?

Yeah the lights on the card come on and everything, it just makes no sense why it would fry my computer has such great air flow and its spotless since the case is massive..and I clean it on a regular basis.. :trash: I have no idea I'm quite salty atm I hate technology some times :C

Try reseating it again, make sure the power supply cables are plugged in correctly. Whilst the PC is not plugged into the wall outlet, click the power button a few times (yes, this does sometimes fix it). If this doesn't work then I'd guess that either:
A) The card itself is defective.
or
B) The power supply is no longer providing enough power to support the card.

Try reseating it again, make sure the power supply cables are plugged in correctly. Whilst the PC is not plugged into the wall outlet, click the power button a few times (yes, this does sometimes fix it). If this doesn't work then I'd guess that either:
A) The card itself is defective.
or
B) The power supply is no longer providing enough power to support the card.

I'll give that a try when I get home from work, thanks

I've had that happen before. Sadly, it usually means the card is fried. Try the others' suggestions but if that doesn't work a 970 or 980 may be in your future :)

Back
Top Bottom