Graphics Card Problem

Complete facepalm. I was reading someone else's sig when I posted that. Forgot you had a GTX 260. I saw 4870 and went from there.

Not sure why it would be incorrect. I'd just say it's wrong and not use it anymore for monitoring or fan adjustment either.

Yeah I can't trust it anymore :D

Safest bet is leave it set to the defaults, especially if you're getting all sorts of funny readings. Keep in mind - a lot of people that check their v/card temperatures freak out because of the numbers. Video cards, particularly gaming cards run much hotter than CPU's and are designed to.

70 degrees may be hot for CPU but it's not for GTX260 OC.

Safest bet is leave it set to the defaults, especially if you're getting all sorts of funny readings. Keep in mind - a lot of people that check their v/card temperatures freak out because of the numbers. Video cards, particularly gaming cards run much hotter than CPU's and are designed to.

70 degrees may be hot for CPU but it's not for GTX260 OC.

^----this, 70° or even 80° for a video card is nothing, gpus run a lot hotter than cpus...

^----this, 70° or even 80° for a video card is nothing, gpus run a lot hotter than cpus...

I know I know.
But if I keep the fan at 65% it stays at 51 degrees, so why put extra stress on my card? I will just manually change the fan speeds, I know it's not hot at all, but I can keep it much lower so I will. Thanks for help :)

Back
Top Bottom