Graphics Card Problem

Morpheus

Daemon Poster
Hi guys I need your help I bought my new graphics card an HIS Excalibur ATi X1650 Pro 512mb http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=248&view=yes
I installed it and now when ever I try to play a game it will start it and it will flash a black screen two times and it keeps doing it while the game is running I downloaded ATi's latest catalyst drivers 6.9 from ATi's site and when I try to install them it comes up with an error message that the driver can't be found and something about an IVF file. If anyone can help me please let me know otherwise I will have to put my old card back in and that's just wrong.

Thanks

Alrite try doing this. Download the 6.5's or 6.3 Catalyst drivers, uninstall the ones you have now, and install the 6.5's or 6.3's. I'm running the 6.3's and its stable.

^Either that (What perfect said) or reinstall the same drivers. It sounds like there was just something wrong with the drivers.

Well I tried reinstalling same problem I will try installing 6.5 thanks guys I knew I could count on you. I'll let you know if it worked.

Found what the problem was. My PSU wasn't strong enough to handle the new graphics card mine is 400W and they recommend 450W. Once again guys thanks for everything.

Back
Top Bottom