which graphics card?( im new to this)

Screw those cards, get the X1600XT. ATi changed up the pixel pipelines to function a lot better then your standard pixel pipeline. Plus the clock speeds are very good. Try getting the X1600XT. It's the new gen. card out, along with the X1800/XL/XT, they're really good and perform really well. I would get that if you didn't want to tweak it or anything. Although tweaking it is literally moving a cursor up or down, kind of like how you scroll a webpage! Using ATiTool with the ATi cards is so easy, I wrote a review on how to use it in the sticky threads in this forum. Check it out before you decide what to do! :)

1337DuD3 said:
Screw those cards, get the X1600XT. ATi changed up the pixel pipelines to function a lot better then your standard pixel pipeline. Plus the clock speeds are very good. Try getting the X1600XT. It's the new gen. card out, along with the X1800/XL/XT, they're really good and perform really well. I would get that if you didn't want to tweak it or anything. Although tweaking it is literally moving a cursor up or down, kind of like how you scroll a webpage! Using ATiTool with the ATi cards is so easy, I wrote a review on how to use it in the sticky threads in this forum. Check it out before you decide what to do! :)

Lol, that X1600Xt is what i plan on gettin next...lol hell yeah! I gotta sell some junk in my room for the money though..

1337DuD3 said:

Well a 6800GS is better than the x1600xt in almost every aspect.
The only stuff better about the x1600xt is the price and it's performance in 3dMarks.

The 6800GS is better at almost every single game. Also since we are talking about oc'ing a 6800GS is better in it too. U can raise the clock speeds more with it, and though with the default clock speeds a x1800xt wins in 3dMarks, but when both cards are oc'd the 6800GS takes the win.

i kinda decided on the 6800gs. i alreday have most of the money too. lol. thank god for birthdays. a couple relatives and i got more than 100 bux. but so back on track, ill gethte 6800gs. and maybe, once i learn what the numbers your scrolling mean, and the consequenses from moving those numbers i wont be tweakin or touchin anything. and the sticky didint really do me much help ending the first post in " if your computer catches fire or blows up" lol wow. and plus, i only have a 300 watt powersupply in this comp. and i dont want it to melt or fry or w/e.

the X1600XT isnt that great. 128-bit bus totally bottlenecks it. 6800GT or GS would be good.

Conehead_2467 said:
i only have a 300 watt powersupply in this comp. and i dont want it to melt or fry or w/e.

The minimum recommended for a 6800GS is 350W.
So I'd get a new psu.

I'm actually surprised that the benchmarks I looked at said the ATI one was superior. I must agree with the people that said to get 6800 GS. At least in my opinion, NVidia is a better brand. Go with it.

Ummm u need new PSU the 6800 seies needs at least 350 Watts as Mammikoura said

how do u kow that it needs a 350 watts psu? it doesnt say anywhere. also, i guess then ill prolly be getn the x800 pro, unless someone can find something better thatllt work and wont cost more thanlets say 220.

Back
Top Bottom