which graphics card?( im new to this)

Conehead_2467

Baseband Member
Well, you could get the X800 pro and try to unlock it to 16 pipes and clock to XT speeds. Should be easy since it's VIVO. The GS extreme edition by saphire is supposed to be clocked higher than normal. The GTs have 16 pipes, these GS's only have 12. The Nvidia cards have shader model 3.0 which would benefit future games which MAY make use of them. Current games that make use of shader model 3.0 give very little fps increase when compared to ATI cards because ATI cards utilise memory bandwidth a lot better. Have a ganders at Tom's Hardware for a VGA comparison. I'd go for the pro VIVO and unlock it. There are many guides on the net.

dont listen to him dude, ATi is in CANADA!!! besides the 6800 has a better chipset and better everything. a 6600GT competes with the X800 so get the 6800. :)

im very new to this, and dont know much. which means i wont be doing anything to "upgrade" it like unclocking and all that stuff. maybe once i learn more i might. so right now im looking for which of them is better out of the box whithout any playing around with.

Back
Top Bottom