Graphics card that is as good as the 360

superman22x said:
How about the 7900gt, is that a pretty good card? I'm guessing the 7600gt is probably liek teh PS2 but a bit better?
wtf no. The ps2 card is the equivalent of a radeon 9200. The ps2 gfx card only has 32mb.

of course its not as good as the 8800, but my price range is $200 and below. And the 7900GT has some rebates on newegg. Or its a good deal on ebay.

superman22x said:
of course its not as good as the 8800, but my price range is $200 and below. And the 7900GT has some rebates on newegg. Or its a good deal on ebay.
oh i thought you wanted to juxtapose the 7900gt with the r500 in the xbox360.. but yeah, the 7900gt is a great gpu for the desktop, go for it, newegg's the way, i never liked ebay.

is the 7800GTX have equivilent graphics power to the card in the PS3, cause my friends wants a PS3, plus I want bragging rights to say my computer has as much power as your 360. lol.

omg the ps3 and xbox 360 use a different architecture and the graphics cards dont match up with pc graphics cards.

wikipedia.org said:
The PS3's 3.2 GHz Cell processor, developed jointly by Sony, Toshiba and IBM ("STI"), is an implementation to dynamically assign physical processor cores to do different types of work independently. It has a PowerPC-based "Power Processing Element" (PPE) and six accessible 3.2 GHz Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs), a seventh runs in a special mode and is dedicated to OS security, and an eighth disabled to improve production yields. The PPE, SPE's and other elements ("units") are connected via an Element Interconnect Bus which serves to connect all of the units in a ring-style bus. The PPE has a 512 KiB level 2 cache and one VMX vector unit. Each of the SPEs is a RISC processor with 128 128-bit SIMD GPRs and superscalar functions. Each SPE contains 256 KiB of non-cached memory (local storage, "LS") that is shared by program code and work data. SPEs may access more data in the main memory using DMA. The floating point performance of the whole system (CPU + GPU) is reported to be 2.18 TFLOPS[67]. PlayStation 3's Cell CPU achieves 204 GFLOPS single precision float and 15 GFLOPS double precision. The PS3 will ship with 256 MiB of Rambus XDR DRAM, clocked at CPU die speed.

superman22x said:
is the 7800GTX have equivilent graphics power to the card in the PS3, cause my friends wants a PS3, plus I want bragging rights to say my computer has as much power as your 360. lol.
yeah. i think the link that biglu posted up stated that the ps3's gpu can be compared to a 7800gtx, and nvidia did design the gpu in the ps3 so it makes sense. you won't be getting as much power as your 360 until r600 comes out for the desktop though i'm afraid..

Well, from what I hear and can assume, the PS3 has more graphics power than the 360, I think I might get the 7800GTX, cause its better than the 7900GT I assume? The one time bigger number isnt better, lol.

no... the 7900gt is better than the 7800gtx... and the ps3's gpu is definitely not better than the xbox360's, the processor, is, the gpu is a different story..the r500 in the xbox360 is much much better than the gpu in the ps3. much better.

Oh, so which will have better graphics? And I might try and get eh 7800GTX or 7900GT. One of those two.

Back
Top Bottom