Graphics card drivers

gaffer1

Beta member
Hello,

When updating my Nvidia drivers for my graphics card (Geforce4 ti4200 8x) someone told me that I should get rid of the current and all previous drivers before installing, otherwise things can go bad? Is this true right enough - if so how do I go about ridding my PC of previous drivers?

Regards,

Gaffer

I wouldn't do it. Chances are, you will loose your screen display and won't be able to view anything. Just install over the top.

gaffer said:
Hello,

When updating my Nvidia drivers for my graphics card (Geforce4 ti4200 8x) someone told me that I should get rid of the current and all previous drivers before installing, otherwise things can go bad? Is this true right enough - if so how do I go about ridding my PC of previous drivers?

Regards,

Gaffer

Why not start at Nvidea.com ?
ATI states:Go to add/remove and remove all.Then with a vga 16 col display"
nothing will go bad,as long as you have a monitor connected"
install the new "enhanced drivers"If its only an update than just use their update,for your cd drivers.You do have one ?
:confused:

gaffer said:
Hello,

Regards,

Gaffer

If's always best to remove previous versions of drivers before you install new ones as sometimes the versions screw each other up.

Easily done, just go to add/remove programs then look for something with NVidia on, uninstall them, restart your computer, install the new drivers and your done

Hope this helps :)

In 98 go to add remove programs your drivers will be listed

remove them and restart your computer you will then restart in 16 or 256 colours.

Windows will say standard vga graphics card found when it asks if you want to install drivers at this point say no windows will then start in 16
colours.

Your desktop will look a little messy ignore this and insert your new graphics card driver disk in your cd rom drive.

from here its a simple install at finish your computer will auto reboot

and your computer will find the card and the correct drivers.

as some one else said as long as you have a monitor attached to the graphics card you will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom