graphics card advice?

mustardgirl

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I'm building a new PC soon (with the help of a friend - my friend is much better at building PCs than me this is my first time =)) and I'm looking at this graphics card:

AMD FirePro

(I hope it's okay to post links - it's the AMD FirePro V7900 in case the link doesn't work.)

I'm going to be using the computer as a render farm for my graphics related projects (I'm a graphic designer so I'll be using a lot of After Effects, Cinema 4D, Final Cut Pro, Maya, etc.) I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this card or if anyone has recommendations on similar items within this price range ($500-$800 max). If it's higher priced than this one, can you let me know why it's better and how much better it is? I'm only going to be using 1-2 monitors max so I'm trying to figure out what the best option is.

Thanks in advance =)

the FirePro costs around $650 i think, but i was thinking something like 2 ATI Radeon 6950's, which would run very well with CrossFire and even with EyeFinity ! hope this helps :)

Hi guys! Thanks for the recommendations - I was wondering what your guys opinion is of this one also:

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win DUAL GPU 2048MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Dual DVI + miniHDMI Graphics Card 02G-P3-1569-KR Black: Electronics

(in case the link doesn't work, it's EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win - $490)

My friend and I went to our local electronics/computer store and the guy there recommended this one as a possibility (we didn't buy it but took down the information about it).

omg im so sorry, i was looking at the wrong *face palm*
a gtx 560 ti would be fine, maybe even a gtx 560 ti OC which should only be about $50 more

Back
Top Bottom