Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #21
In Runtime
 
jarlmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 473
Default Re: Graphics card

dead space is a few years old and not a demanding game in the first place. but yeah a 265 would work well for those games. I just mean if you want to play intense games like crysis 3 or metro last light a 265 won't cut it.
__________________

jarlmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #22
In Runtime
 
dev893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 375
Default Re: Graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlmaster View Post
dead space is a few years old and not a demanding game in the first place. but yeah a 265 would work well for those games. I just mean if you want to play intense games like crysis 3 or metro last light a 265 won't cut it.
Only games i really wanna play are the dead space series and it wont be in 1080 lol other games i play are nitto legends need for speed world and a few other free games from steam

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app
__________________

dev893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
In Runtime
 
jarlmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 473
Default Re: Graphics card

then a 265 would be perfect for you. get the asus direct cu2 version for 160 bucks. better cooling, quieter, better overclocking results.

edit: actually see if you can swing the xfx core edition. 10 dollars more for 256 additional stream processors which will get you an additional 4-5 frames and it will still overclock quite well.
jarlmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #24
In Runtime
 
dev893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 375
Default Re: Graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlmaster View Post
then a 265 would be perfect for you. get the asus direct cu2 version for 160 bucks. better cooling, quieter, better overclocking results.

edit: actually see if you can swing the xfx core edition. 10 dollars more for 256 additional stream processors which will get you an additional 4-5 frames and it will still overclock quite well.
I would go with the XFX core but it wont match my color scheme

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app
dev893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
In Runtime
 
jarlmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 473
Default Re: Graphics card

color scheme is irrelevant where performance is concerned in my opinion. 10 dollars for more performance is a no brainer. but its up to you.
jarlmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #26
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: Graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlmaster View Post
color scheme is irrelevant where performance is concerned in my opinion. 10 dollars for more performance is a no brainer. but its up to you.
Agreed.
Seti Says: It don't have to be pretty. It just has to work,
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #27
In Runtime
 
dev893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 375
Default Re: Graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Agreed.
Seti Says: It don't have to be pretty. It just has to work,
My psu is also the minimum required for the powersupply will this be an issue i dont wanna strain my psu too much

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app
dev893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #28
In Runtime
 
jarlmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 473
Default Re: Graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev893 View Post
My psu is also the minimum required for the powersupply

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app
don't worry about that. the minimum power supply requirements they give are extremely loose. they just give a large number so no one says "hey I bought this psu with a 200w TDP and it wouldn't run on my crappy 300w psu". its safe guarding in essence. anyway you could run two cards no problemo. TDP is all that matters.
jarlmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #29
In Runtime
 
dev893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 375
Default Re: Graphics card

Ok

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app
__________________

dev893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0