Graphics Card

queevy

Beta member
Hey!

I just bought an IBM ThinkPad T43, which has an ATI X300 Graphics Card with 64 MB RAM, however, i want to upgrade it.

I'd like a card in the 50/60 dollar range, that's compatible. Can someone who's savy help me out. I've never changed graphics cards before. One that can handle movies and video games without a problem(my pc froze trying to play a movie).

Any help would be apprecaited.

Myabe a Radeon 9600, or something?? Would that work?

You can't upgrade those. Integrated components are soldered onto the motherboard. It would take a lot of skill and money to upgrade it.

DO I have any other options? My computer has a PCMCIA slot. Can I use that to put in a second graphics card or something?

This is a laptop, correct? Don't even try. If you want a gaming laptop, be prepared to spend a good amount of cash. You'd be better off building a desktop machine if you want to get into gaming.

I'm really just into watching movies and streaming video. Not into gaming really. IS there anyway to increase my video memeory of ram?

Nope. Everything is soldered in, meaning you can't add any video RAM. The only thing you can change is the amount of system RAM.

Back
Top Bottom