graphics card

zeroskater

Beta member
just before school got back in session,
i purchased a Sony Vaio VGN-CR510E with the intent for homework
with the buzz of Call of Duty 4, i went out to purchase it
i get home, load it up and get the message
"Video card or driver doesn't support fullscreen gamma.
Video card or driver doesn't accelerate transform and lighting.
Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data.

Error during initialization:
Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data."

I'm guessing i need a different graphics card???

a32ydh.jpg

that's the one i have..i tried updating the drivers, and it didnt work.

any help?

I'm afraid your laptop isn't built for games :(
It'll be great for work and that, but if you wanted a laptop for games, choosing one with an Intel model wouldn't have been your best choice, as they are simple chipsets for displaying mostly 2D images.

It's integrated graphics, it will never run CoD 4 or any demanding game, I doubt very much that it has the capacity to have the graphics upgraded.

You can't use intergrated video for a graphic intensive game. Unless you get a really high end board with a good card built in. You might be able to upgrade your card. Looking up your model online and find out. Seems like you got a very basic laptop.

what about buying a card?
like a nvidia or something?
I didn't see anywhere in the specs that it had a graphics expansion slot, I could have missed it but I doubt it.

According to this there is no PCI-e slot

Expansion / Connectivity
Expansion Slots Total (Free) 2 ( 0 ) x Memory, 1 ( 1 ) x ExpressCard/34

there is the express card/34 which according to Wiki

Uses
These slots can accept Firewire 800 (1394B), Serial ATA external disk drives, Solid-state drives, Wireless network interface cards, TV tuner cards, soundcards, additional memory and memory card readers, among other things. Asus has recently revealed an external graphics card that can be connected to laptops through the interface, the XG Station.
but I have no idea on how it would perform or the cost as it appears to have not been released yet??

Link at Asus News

Realistically you have a basic laptop that will struggle to play most new games.

yeah,, i'm in highschool
ha,
so i dont have that big of a budget,
at the time, it seemed pretty ok, i wasn't that intoo video games
but i played that at on my friends desktop and had to have it,
and now i'm stuck w/ a game that wont work. ha.
well, we have an older Compaq, i'm not sure the model,
but, as far as graphics cards go for those,,
are they a generic fit?

depending on the age of the destop and slots it has you might beable to get light gaming out of it. prebuilts like dell and hp are never really good for gaming. you have(funest) to build a custom computer

i know we've had to replace the hard drive,
so i got a basic look at the inside of the CPU itself
i'll have all the numbers and year later

Chances are Zeroskater, the video chip is embedded into the motherboard. I'm afraid chances of replacing that are minimal at best.

Back
Top Bottom