Which Graphics Card?

NICE! tell us how it is when you receive it

I'm really excited, I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to computer parts, but I had to jump at this deal...

hell, even the memory is a slight upgrade for me, I'm running DDR2 5300 in my rig as we speak, but no where near the upgrade that going from an 8600GT to a 4850 will be...

:D :D :D ...

do you still have that burning smell coming from the computer...? or is the card broken in now...?

yeah.... i am pretty cheap too, i want to improve my computer even more, but i dont want to spend anymore money.
i use to have about the same speed of ram like you, and then i went with a faster one, there was a big performance.
As for the graphics card, from the benches i saw, the X1950 (the one i use to have) was better than the 8600, and now i got the 8800GT, and its like 2x-3x better when playing games, and the 4850 is better than the 8800GT, so im thinking its going to be a huge jump.
i dont have that smell no more, i set riva tuner to auto to crank up the fan speed when it goes higher than 50c, now when i play games, it never go higher than 68c.
last time i got a smell was i think i was running a game on max and the fan was locked at 50% so it ran at 80c for at least 2 min.

yeah.... i am pretty cheap too, i want to improve my computer even more, but i dont want to spend anymore money.
i use to have about the same speed of ram like you, and then i went with a faster one, there was a big performance.
As for the graphics card, from the benches i saw, the X1950 (the one i use to have) was better than the 8600, and now i got the 8800GT, and its like 2x-3x better when playing games, and the 4850 is better than the 8800GT, so im thinking its going to be a huge jump.
i dont have that smell no more, i set riva tuner to auto to crank up the fan speed when it goes higher than 50c, now when i play games, it never go higher than 68c.
last time i got a smell was i think i was running a game on max and the fan was locked at 50% so it ran at 80c for at least 2 min.

that's great to hear, it would've sucked to have to RMA it...

yeah it would, this is my first brand new graphics card, so if it died, then that really sucks.
all the other cards i bought for myself was either Recertified or open box...

Back
Top Bottom