Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Question Graphics Card

I've decided that it's time to purchase a new graphics card due to lack of games I am actually able to play smoothly on my computer. After using some programs such as CPU-z and SiSoft Sandra I found out that my mother board only has PCI Ports and I can see no way of enabling an AGP port, so I am fairly certain it is 100% PCI only. (Yes I know this sucks pretty bad )

The MINIMUM card I am looking for is something eqivelent to a GeForce 2 class card but preferably something equal to or greater than a GeForce FX 5700. I realise this is probably going to be pretty damned hard to get and realise that I am probably already facing failure in the face but I would try get a semi decent graphics card than have to go out and buy a new mother board AND a new graphics card.

I would be very greatful if anyone has any sites which has PCI Graphics cards on which suit the requirements I am looking for. It would also be better if the website ships to the UK.

Thank you for your time and thank you in advance.
//Blixxy

Blixxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to DannyBoy
Default Re: Graphics Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxy
I've decided that it's time to purchase a new graphics card due to lack of games I am actually able to play smoothly on my computer. After using some programs such as CPU-z and SiSoft Sandra I found out that my mother board only has PCI Ports and I can see no way of enabling an AGP port, so I am fairly certain it is 100% PCI only. (Yes I know this sucks pretty bad )

The MINIMUM card I am looking for is something eqivelent to a GeForce 2 class card but preferably something equal to or greater than a GeForce FX 5700. I realise this is probably going to be pretty damned hard to get and realise that I am probably already facing failure in the face but I would try get a semi decent graphics card than have to go out and buy a new mother board AND a new graphics card.

I would be very greatful if anyone has any sites which has PCI Graphics cards on which suit the requirements I am looking for. It would also be better if the website ships to the UK.

Thank you for your time and thank you in advance.
//Blixxy
PCi is better than AGP..lol AGP graphics card are old and crap now compared to PCI

DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #3
Solid State Member

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of PCI (e), compared to AGP, there are VERY limited PCI Graphics cards I have been able to find so far. With over 10+ AGP choices on every site there are a meer 2 PCI choices, non of which are suitable for what I want.

//Blixxy
Old 08-29-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxy
I'm pretty sure you are thinking of PCI (e), compared to AGP, there are VERY limited PCI Graphics cards I have been able to find so far. With over 10+ AGP choices on every site there are a meer 2 PCI choices, non of which are suitable for what I want.

//Blixxy
Oh its just PCI, well Ill look now
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

http://www.savastore.com/productinfo...9&pid=45&tid=2
FX 5200
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

hmm i put 5200 but you want grater than 5700
Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
Solid State Member

Ye, I am finding it very hard to find one upto 5700 myself. I am actually starting to wonder whether it is actually imposible to get one as high up as I am wanting.

Thanks for the help
//Blixxy
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
Solid State Member

I have managed to find a PCI 5500
This seems to be the highest that my friends think it can get upto.

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1284

//Blixxy
Old 08-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY

I'm not sure if the site is trustworthy, but I have found a 6200 PCI card for ~$100. But I do know that the card exists. The only problem is, it's not too much better really than the 5200, and it's a little more expensive. I think this is the fastest PCI card you can get from Nvidia GeForce series.

http://shopping.netledger.com/s.nl/c...it.A/id.930/.f

Comparison of the 2 cards

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
THEpiGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #10
Solid State Member

I am thinking of ordering the 5500, it is suitable for the game I play (not QUITE the spec I wanted but hey) and is a reasonable price.

Thank you all for your help!

//Blixxy