Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Graphics Aperture Setting........

Hey all. I have been searching for some info and i'm getting conflicting answers so lets see what you guys think. I'm just trying to make sure i'm getting everything out of my system that I can, I dont want to upgrade until Vista gets rolling and they work some of the early bugs out and then i'll just build a new Core Duo system. Right now my graphics aperture is set to 64mb in my bios but I have a 9800 Pro 128. I have read that I should set the aperture the same as the card and some say with 1gig of ram it should be set to 256. What do you think. Also, will overclocking this card give me that much or should I leave it alone?
On another note, I just enabled my L2 cache to 1024. Is there any other tweaks off the top of your heads I should do to make sure my rig is running as good as it can. I dont have any problems at all and I keep it clean (virus and spyware) so if there is anything else just let me know. My specs are in my sig, anything else just let me know. Thanks.

FryJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Graphics Aperture Setting........

I'd keep it at 64mb. And as for overclocking, go ahead and try it. You should get a decent improvement in performance.

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #3
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Graphics Aperture Setting........

Yeah, try the overclocking, but be sure to monitor the temperatures and that if any artifacts (lines and weird things on the screen when gaming) should come up, to tone the overclock down a bit and make sure the temps aren't too high.

Mattyl110792 is offline   Reply With Quote