Graphic Cards

MattieDaShark83 said:
But you would have to have a agp slot and manually soder it to the motherboard.

There is ALOT more to it than that.
That option is not even worth mentioning..

lets keep it out of this thread.

Dude by the time you do all that, just get a new comp....
Tell us ur spending limit and we will buiild one for u and go along w. u step by step on building it. We know what we are talking about.

well, i cant build one right now, I am in the future, but I'm in college and have no money. But the reason I was wondering how much it would cost to switch to a PCI-E was because I'm going to get my parents to get it for me for a gift, but they're not willing to buy a new computer....so the PCI-E, depending on how much, but no caring how long, is the only option I got for updating my graphics, unless yall know any other options to upgrading....

Most tech's bill out a $50+hr and you can assume that would be a big project. Your better off to just get a PCI card. So much faster. Just curious why you want your AGP slot so bad?

CompMan Worte:

^^ I have never heard of that, try it and tell us about it.

Myself I couldn't tell you were to start. My friend and I were discussing PCI vs AGP the one day and he talked about this. He has a 4 year degree in electronics so i'm guessing he could probally do it. I'm sure you don't hear much about it because its something you really don't need to do unless you really really want AGP on your board. I'd be interested to see a experts response to see if it is fact or fiction. If my friends wrong which he could be I stand corrected. Technically though it should be possible. If you can explain a decent answer why it wouldn't be possible I'll withdrawl my claim.

Ok, I guess I was thinking that AGP was better, but I dont really care which one I have-PCI or AGP, doesn't matter. I am just looking for an upgrade thats all, the cheapest also, but I will take the next cheapest too. Did you mean a PCI-E card, because I have a PCI, maybe a typo, I dont know. Which is easier to install and which is cheaper?

The cheapest way to do it would be to get a PCI graphics card.

AGP is faster than PCI, AGP has faster BUS speeds than AGP.

You have more upgrade options with AGP than with PCI

PCI-X if faster than both of them and you have the MOST upgrade options.

Back
Top Bottom