Graphic Cards

collibr

In Runtime
I have a PCI card in my Dell Dimension 3000 computer that is installed in there, can iput an AGP card in there so I can update and everything?

You can if you have an AGP slot. I've seen people order a card and open up the case only to find out they didn't have the correct slot.

ok nevermind i was wrong, I do not have an AGP/PCI-E Expansion Slot, so is there any way that I can somehow install this or is it even possible?

No, you would have to get a new motherboard. But if your computer is without an AGP/PCI-E slot, it's likely the graphics cards isn't your biggest problem.

What's my biggest problem if its not the graphics, i got 2.66 ghz intel celeron, and 1 gb of ram. Two questions: 1). Can I take out the PCI, and install an AGP for graphics?, and 2.) do i have to by a new mother board and thats it to install it, and how much do they cost?

MattieDaShark83 said:
Technically you can. But you would have to have a agp slot and manually soder it to the motherboard. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a degree in electronics and you know what your doing. Otherwise your stuck.

No thats bad info.

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=20&name=Motherboards

This link will take you to the defalt motherboard page. I would look further for you but I don't know if your chip is Intel or AMD. After that you would need to find a board that supports your chip and ram. Also if your updated to sata drives you would want to make sure your board supports sata drives. You'll most likely have the same or more money trying to get AGP. You would be better off just buying a PCI-E card for your current machine. Besides PCI-E are much faster than AGP8x.

collibr said:
What's my biggest problem if its not the graphics, i got 2.66 ghz intel celeron, and 1 gb of ram. Two questions: 1). Can I take out the PCI, and install an AGP for graphics?, and 2.) do i have to by a new mother board and thats it to install it, and how much do they cost?

You need a motherboard that supports your socket Celeron and your type of memory (which is most likely SDRAM)

find out your socket/and ram type and we can assist you finding a mobo.

sisoft sandra can help you find system info without popping the side off.

http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=&location=downandbuy&langx=en&a

I have an intel chip........so i should just get a PCI-E card, and is that possible for me to do, i can go to the store, get it, and install it??

Back
Top Bottom