Graphic Cards

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
what the difference between the DDR of the Graphic Cards? for example, a 256MB DDR compared to a 512MB DDR, does that mean one is just faster than the other?

what exactly are you talking about? graphic cards or ram or what?

edit: ook i get it now. well a graphics card with more video ram means it can hold more data before rendering it again i think. the speed of the graphics card depends on the graphics processor

Teny said:
what the difference between the DDR of the Graphic Cards? for example, a 256MB DDR compared to a 512MB DDR, does that mean one is just faster than the other?
One has twice as much video ram as the other

The higher the Video RAM the faster the card (in most cases) But a 256DDR2 is faster than a 512 DDR and a 256DDR3 faster than a 512DDR2. This is without overclocking.

Actually, the ammount of RAM helps to display the refresh rate. It will be faster with more RAM, but you won't notice huge improvements. All relies on the video card's core speed (GPU).

Mike89, your sig is 5 lines max. Here's a siggestion:

New Build:
Aspire X-Infinity Case / ABIT KN8 SLi Motherboard / 450w PSU / EVGA Geforce 7600GT / AMD Athlon 64 3700+ / 1g PC3200 / 320g Seagate HDD

Mike89 said:
The higher the Video RAM the faster the card (in most cases) But a 256DDR2 is faster than a 512 DDR and a 256DDR3 faster than a 512DDR2. This is without overclocking.

Hey Mike, I dont mean to jack the thread or anything but How is does EVGA 7600GT work...I am thinking about getting one but I want some user reviews first

PM if you get a chance.

Thanks

-KJ

I have that card, and it's excellent (I actually have the overclocked version by XFX, but they are very similar). It plays F.E.A.R.,one of the most advanced PC games out right now, at almost all max settings at 1280x1024 resolution. Battlefield 2 plays with decent framerates at all maxed out settings. For the price-performance ratio, there's no better card you can get.

freestyler105 said:
I have that card, and it's excellent (I actually have the overclocked version by XFX, but they are very similar). It plays F.E.A.R.,one of the most advanced PC games out right now, at almost all max settings at 1280x1024 resolution. Battlefield 2 plays with decent framerates at all maxed out settings. For the price-performance ratio, there's no better card you can get.

alright thanks alot!!

I also have one, and XFX 7600GT, and it's awesome. I play WoW mostly, and it gets constant 64.0 frames per second, and never lags a bit

Yeah, I have 2 SLI'd 7600 GT KO's by EVGA, and they run just amazing. I play F.E.A.R, BF2142, CS:S, WoW, and a lot of very newgen games.

Back
Top Bottom