graphic cards

rye23

Beta member
hi all

quick question,does a graphics card help with the quality of printing from the web . if not does anything help

cheers

It'd depend all on your printer quality in dpi(basically printer resolution), maybe brightness settings and contrast setings if a laser printer, and of course the quality of the image in the first place (jpg, bmp, gif) or what. Answering your question though, no it wouldn't, and for example if you set the screen colours to 16 colours or something bad like that, it wouldn't affect the printed image anyway i wouldn't think

the only picture that a graphic card could improve, would be a screenshot of a game or a video

Only if you had a better video card to display the game/video in the first place though, before pressing print screen to take an image of it.
It wouldn't work if you took it from a webpage or something.

A printer makes all the difference with web based printing, obviously... I don't beleive resolution makes any difference as printers still tipically print everything the same resolution off the net. I still find it odd how printout tipically get cut off unless you use the printer friendly method...seems they would of resolved that by now *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom