Graphic Card problem? Asus EAH6850

namezox

Solid State Member
I recently brought an Asus EAH6850 graphic card but some game crashes on me. Games such as SC2 on ultra setting have some weird black dots or black lines during the game
When I play NBA 2k11, the game just crashes - not crashes to desktop but random part of the screen turns black and cant load any website pages afterward.

-Downloaded the latest driver for it - Catalyst 10.12

-GPU temp is around 50-60 while gaming - sometimes lower if i want to sent my fan to a higher speed

-Cpu temp is 40 while gaming

- Not OC'd. I disabled OC since i thought it was the problem but it is not.

computerspec.jpg

tech.gif

I want to know if its my graphic card itself or something else that is causing me problem.

It does sound like you are having problems with the video card. What are the specs of the power supply and the rest of the system?

Using a 600 watt power supply - 3.1 ghz cpu with 8gb of gskill ram.

Some games are playable, such as - World of Warcraft, SC2 on ultra setting is fine now. Just black ops and nba2k11. Black ops crashes like nba2k11

what other system spec do you need? I really dont want to do a RMA.. such a hassle..

I'm siding with rooster on this one. See about contacting the company. If you get any kind of visual artifacts on a game with a new GPU, it's usually faulty if the latest drivers don't fix it. Bad batches happen sometimes unfortunately. It's an Asus though, shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement.

Your power supply is fine by the way. I have a similar Rosewill running a gaming system with a 4850 card.

Hey, I just registered because this forum topic came up when I Google'd a problem with my EAH6850. Mine's DOA, so og above me is right, bad batches happen. I may or may not be unluckier than you, OP -- mine flat-out does not work. And you got a reference for referring me to the forum, for whatever that's worth.

I'll come back and check out the rest of the forum later. Sounds interesting. Always up for geek chat.

Back
Top Bottom