Graphic Card Error

So what do I do? How can I find a compatible graphics card or doesn't it matter, it only applies if you use the DVI-D port? Do they make a DVI-D to VGA Video adarter?

I would send your video card back for replacement or refund or exchange. If the video card has a hardware problem a replacement would probably work. There are a lot of people here that could steer you to a good video card if you decide you would like something different. I was hoping that you could simply plug your monitor into the motherboard so that you could use the motherboard video, but it is a digital only DVI port. That means that it doesn't have the analog signal as well as digital. The blade part with the four pins is the analog part of the port. So, you can't use a DVI to VGA adapter and plug into your VGA display. To use the DVI port on your motherboard, you need a DVI cable and a monitor that has a DVI port.

If you have another computer that you can use in the meantime, send the card in for warranty and use the other computer until you get another video card for it. Do you know what the warranty policy is? Can you send it back for a different card? Do you want to get a different video card? At the very least, you should be able to send it back for repair or replacement.

Well guys you aren't going to believe this! Just out of woman's intuition, I updated my anti-virus software and ran it. I found 22 viruses. After deleting them and re-booting ... I don't get the double beep and everything is working normal!!! It appears I found the problem but I will monitor over the next few days. If I see a problem I'll ship the card back.

Kisses to all that helped ... I'm one happy lady!!!

Well guys you aren't going to believe this! Just out of woman's intuition, I updated my anti-virus software and ran it. I found 22 viruses. After deleting them and re-booting ... I don't get the double beep and everything is working normal!!! It appears I found the problem but I will monitor over the next few days. If I see a problem I'll ship the card back.

Kisses to all that helped ... I'm one happy lady!!!

Excellent! Well it looks like I was totally wrong, but I'm glad you figured the problem out and got everything working.

what do you do with your computer, that will help people with more knowledge than me help you out for instance if you don't game then you won't need a top spec card but if you do some gaming that will determine what you need.

the 2nd one looks massive but the first one seems ok but im not an expert so maybe someone else has a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom