Graphic Card causes system rebooting

Definitely the FX5200. Have you tried upgrading any drivers on the motherboard itself?
PCChips
Although it may not pay off to just randomly download of the the drivers, it could help to check around the website. Of course it could simply be that the card can't work with the motherboard.

Here's the latest. Changing cards around cause serious corruption and I had to reformat. Put the nividia card in from the beginning. XP would not load from the CD to reinstall. Got a bootable cd from on line. Deleted the c: partition and then recreated it in Fat32 so I could format. Formatted but XP would still not install from the cd so I installed 98SE, with no problems, thinking that I could just upgrade to XP right behind that.

WRONG! Xp checks and lists potential hardware problems one of which is the Nvidia card. If I continue the XP install it hangs up after the first reboot once its copied all the steup files to the HD.

So far I've removed the nvidia card and returned to the onboard graphics, changed memory, and tried to resove all the potential hardware problems. It will not go past the black screen with the hash line at the bottom that says setting up Windows Xp, even if I let it sit there overnight.

Any ideas now or have we moved to a different thread?

well seeing as how youve tryed almost everything alrety you could try disabling your onboard graphics just soo you can get past the safe mode and into a normal boot then get the newest drivers you can find then go back in the bios and turn back on your on board graphics

Back
Top Bottom