GPU Upgrade

^^
Great suggestion.
It outperforms the 295 and it is cheaper, get it instead. By it I mean the 5870.

It also runs at much lower voltage, much quieter, and its a single card so you won't have as many future driver issues with new games (as you often do with dual-GPU setups, which the GTX 295 is).

The minimum recommended PSU for a GTX 295 is ~680-700W+, I wouldn't run it on anything less than a 700W, (depending on the rest of your build, but still).

It also runs at much lower voltage, much quieter, and its a single card so you won't have as many future driver issues with new games (as you often do with dual-GPU setups, which the GTX 295 is).

The minimum recommended PSU for a GTX 295 is ~680-700W+, I wouldn't run it on anything less than a 700W, (depending on the rest of your build, but still).

Well their both single cards, you mean the 5870 only has on GPU in it. But yes, that is probably the MAIN reason that you should not get the 295. As it is a single GPU the 5870 won't have to go through all that trouble so that the games can use it's GPU. The 295 has boatloads of trouble getting games to run on both it's GPU's.

Well their both single cards, you mean the 5870 only has on GPU in it. But yes, that is probably the MAIN reason that you should not get the 295. As it is a single GPU the 5870 won't have to go through all that trouble so that the games can use it's GPU. The 295 has boatloads of trouble getting games to run on both it's GPU's.

Sorry yea that's what I meant was it was a single GPU.

Newegg is out of stock of the 5870, guess I'll wait until it appears. ty, gonna get that card and windows 7, can decide to get Home Premium or Ultimate

also, that Corsair 620HX is an absolutely legendary psu, it will handle any single video card with ease, I would highly suggest it, unless you are wanting to SLI or Crossfire later, but then again, it could probably handle most multi video card configurations as well...

you won't find a better psu near that wattage anywhere...

Back
Top Bottom